Interactive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and DTMF tones via a keypad.
In telecommunications, IVR allows customers to interact with a company’s telephone system using the telephone keypad or by speech recognition, after which they can service their own inquiries by following the IVR dialogue.
IVR systems can respond with prerecorded or dynamically generated audio to further direct users on how to proceed. IVR applications can be used to control almost any function where the interface can be broken down into a series of simple interactions.
Integrated Voice Response (IVR) technology can be used to take the customer’s information, help navigate to the proper department and provide self-service for clients not looking to speak with an agent. Doing so can produce higher customer satisfaction by eliminating wait times, curtailing operational costs and freeing up customer service representatives for more critical customer engagements.
The MiteI IVR provides interactive menus to guide customers to the service they seek. Graphical workflows are used to configure the IVR and allow caller data and/or user input to be analysed to decide where to route the call. This improves the efficiency of any Enterprise Voice based system, by providing self-service options to customers, while efficiently routing those who need direct interaction with an agent.
Mitel’s IVR features include:
- Routing based on the number being called from, the number called or the status of the queue (therefore how busy it is)
- Integration based on Excel, ODBC and Web services
- Dial out of queue and request call-back capability
The benefits to you of working with us are:
- Integrity and honesty are core to our business values
- An open and transparent approach to our costs and prices
- Access to the best manufacturers of business telephone systems
- Great service backed up by numerous customer testimonials
- A great range of services to choose from