Data Cabling Apprenticeship
Short listed candidate to have achieved a National 5 or GCSE in Maths, English, Physics and a technical subject as a minimum. This new position suits either a mature Apprentice or someone that has studied electrical installation at college Level Two or Three. It also helps if applicants have a clean driving license, but this is not essential.
Apprentices must be able to demonstrate practical aptitude, enthusiasm and have a basic knowledge of IT infrastructure. We will provide support during data cabling installations and receive formal training.
You will work alongside experienced data engineers to gain hands on experience and knowledge of installation of data, voice, and fibre cabling and containment within construction and client premises.
Team Leader - Mark Green
You will provide support during data cabling installations and receive formal training, including in the following:
- Install, terminate, test and label UTP/FTP Cat 5E, Cat 6, Cat 6A and Cat 7 data cabling systems
- Install, terminate, test and label single mode, multimode and blown fibre cabling
- Install, terminate, test, fix, tone and label multicore voice cabling
- Understand patching requirements within building premises
- Install data cabinets and data racks within comms rooms
- Install PVC, metal and cable matting containment
- Apply health & safety and environmental legislation working practices
This is a fixed two-year contract leading to full time employment at the end of the Apprenticeship. Earnings will based on 40 hour week, basic rate of pay £18,000 PA plus overtime. 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
Applicants should email email@example.com in the first instance sending a CV and covering letter.
The benefits to you of working with us are:
- Integrity and honesty are core to our business values
- An open and transparent approach to our costs and prices
- Access to the best manufacturers of business telephone systems
- Great service backed up by numerous customer testimonials
- A great range of services to choose from