Fixed Term Contract for Data Cabling Engineer
Direct Line Communications Telecommunication engineers must solve problems according to the situation and provide appropriate solutions. The role requires designing and installing voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; patching panels; installing telecommunications equipment, cable trays and associated containment.
First Line – General Manager
Key Responsibilities of a Data Engineer:
- Install Cat5e, 6,6a and fibre cables
- Terminate and test installed and existing cables
- Cooperate with the team members to ensure they individual sites are delivered in a timely manner.
- Record installation details
- Return weekly time sheets to relevant Line Manager
Data Cabling Engineers
Are responsible for cable pulling within customer premises.
They are required to fix errors and rectify them. Our engineers may install fibre cables and networks according to company needs.
• Installing cables with manufacturer accreditation • Testing and terminating cables with appropriate accreditation • Solving issues related to cables and networks. • Finding errors through fault diagnosis within the cabling infrastructure. • Being self-motivated. • Having competent written and spoke communication abilities. • Being proactive. • Being flexible and creative. • Being able to prioritise effectively. • Having teamwork abilities. • Having attention for details. • Being able to stay calm under pressure. • Full clean driving license
Whilst the role is initially on a fixed term basis, there is a genuine opportunity that this position will lead to a permanent role. The ideal candidate should be looking for a long-term placement, rather than see this as a temporary position. The successful individual will be expected to work 8.30am to 17.00pm, with occasional weekend work at a higher rate. Renumeration will reflect experience and skills but should pay between £150/day to £200/day.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. No recruitment agencies please.
The benefits to you of working with us are:
- Integrity and honesty are core to our business values
- An open and transparent approach to our costs and prices
- Access to the best manufacturers of business telephone systems
- Great service backed up by numerous customer testimonials
- A great range of services to choose from