Single Order Generic Ethernet Access (SOGEA) Broadband - How does this affect my business?
The Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) was the familiar landline telephone system set up for analogue voice communication, which became the most reliable method of making voice calls. Then, as we know it today, it has also become the main carrier for internet activity across the world.
Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) followed, allowing the digital transmission of voice, video and other services simultaneously, using the traditional PSTN network. By 2025, this traditional copper network will no longer support business lines or personal broadband.
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is the current and future platform used to traffic voice hence the term Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), which allows users to make voice and video calls on a global scale using computer and mobile devices with an internet connection.
What is SOGEA Broadband
- A data-only broadband solution that is provisioned on a single order
- It does not include voice services or a WLR/MPF line
- Voice becomes what we call an Over The Top (OTT) service like other data services
- It is based on current FTTC technology, using a combination of copper and fibre technology, without requiring a traditional telephony connection
The arrival of SOGEA Broadband transforms the way businesses work. Offering download speeds of up to 80Mbps, SOGEA provides faster, more reliable connectivity than ADSL, meaning users can do more online, without worrying about buffering.
- SOGEA Broadband is now available to 28 million UK premises.
- Freedom from lengthy contracts with 30-day terms
- Simple migration journeys with minimal downtime
- Simple to deploy
- Future proof for the PSTN withdrawal – our stop sell for WLR is 2023, switch off by 2025
- Simplified ordering and support experience – no more simultaneous provide, or dual fault journeys
- Our products are designed to make it easy for you to future-proof your business